Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Holy Cowabunga! My first review of Soul Stealer.

I am in gloroious shock. My first review came from Zee at Romance Junkies. Can I just say that I LOVE this person? If my kids weren't already named they'd all be little Zees right now. It's terrifying beyond words reading that first review and I am so honored and blessed that it was a good one.

http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artman/publish/paranormal/Soul_Stealer.shtml

"...SOUL STEALER is a story that is captivating and that flows before your eyes between one blink and the next. Believe me when I tell you that you will be compelled by a strange power to read this story cover to cover in one sitting.

Maybe this magic is due to the characters. Maybe it is due to the unconventional storyline. Maybe it is due to Ms. Troutte’s delightful voice and prose. Or maybe it is due to all these factors. The many facets meld together to provide an unrivaled reading experience for any reader who loves a good romance where the odds are all against the main protagonists. Lovers of the paranormal will also find a delightful read here.

Cain is a hero that you can’t help but feel sorry for. He’s had a hard life, and the twist that Ms. Troutte brings to his character is one that is novel and unexpected.

Add to it the many Biblical references and characters that pop in and out of the plot and you earn one story that is a surprising twist on tales many of us have known forever. Well done Ms. Troutte for bringing to life this unexpected side of Cain’s story.

All in all, SOUL STEALER is an engrossing and immensely satisfying experience. One to savor curled up in a comfy sofa with a mug of hot chocolate. Actually, forget the chocolate – you’ll probably be swept so much into the tale that you will forget everything, from where you are to what time it is. I know it was the case for me, and I’m sure it will be the case for every reader who picks up this book..."

1 comment:

Kimberley Troutte said...

This is the kind of review you save until your deathbed. At least I will! Thank you Romance Junkies.